How Laughing Gas Can Make Caring For Your Smile Easier
If you're someone who dreads attending dental appointments, you may be a candidate for nitrous oxide, more commonly known as laughing gas. This popular sedation method is safe and effective, and can help make your dental treatment(s) more comfortable and relaxed. Here's what you need to know about the benefits of laughing gas for dental treatments.
- Nitrous oxide is a gas that is inhaled through a small mask that is placed over your nose. You will remain conscious and able to respond to questions during your treatment or procedure, but you’ll feel relaxed and less anxious about your dental service(s).
- Nitrous oxide takes effect quickly and wears off soon after the mask is removed. There are no side effects associated with this sedation option and you will be able to drive yourself home after your appointment and resume your regular activities.
- Nitrous oxide is safe for both children and adults and can be used for a variety of dental treatments. It is particularly effective for procedures that may cause anxiety or gagging, such as fillings, cleanings, and extractions.
If you think you may be a candidate for nitrous oxide sedation, call Devon Plaza Dental, your dentist in Windsor, today. We'll discuss your past and present medical history and determine if it is the right option for you.
Contact Us About Laughing Gas Today
- Calm any anxiety you feel about dental visits/treatments
- Experience sedation that’s quick, safe, and effective
- Receive the diligent dental care you need
- Have multiple services performed at once, if necessary
- Prioritize your oral health!