White Fillings Can Boost Your Smiling & Speaking Confidence
When you think of dental fillings, do traditional silver amalgam options come to mind? While this popular material continues to be commonly used to repair teeth, many patients prefer to utilize white (or composite) fillings instead. Offering several benefits to patients, they:
- Provide a more natural look that blends in with your teeth
- Are less likely to cause tooth sensitivity
- Boost your smiling and speaking confidence.
Who is a candidate for white fillings?
In general, patients who have small to medium cavities are ideal candidates for white fillings. If you have a large cavity, your dentist may recommend amalgam materials or a different type of dental restoration such as an inlay, onlay, or a dental crown.
How long do these fillings typically last?
With proper care, white fillings can last for many years. Be sure to brush and floss your teeth regularly and visit your dentist for checkups and cleanings for best results.
What's involved with placing a white filling?
First, your dentist will numb your tooth and the surrounding gums. Then, they will remove any damaged or decayed tooth material. Next, the composite resin is placed into the cavity and shaped to fit snugly. Finally, it is hardened with a special light.
If you have a cavity or tooth damage that needs to be addressed, call Devon Plaza Dental, your dentist in Windsor, today to arrange an appointment today!
Contact Us About White Fillings Today
- Have areas of decay restored with natural-looking materials
- Maintain your smiling & speaking confidence
- Enjoy a restoration that’s matched to your exact tooth shade
- Minimize tooth sensitivity
- Prioritize your oral health